SABR Virtual Analytics Conference
March 17-20, 2022
Early registration is now open for the SABR Virtual Analytics Conference, which will be held over four days in online sessions from March 17-20, 2022. We’ll bring together the top minds in the baseball analytics community to discuss, debate, and share insightful ways to analyze and examine the great game of baseball. Register today to join us!
The Virtual Analytics Conference schedule consists of research presentations and guest speakers from throughout the baseball analytics community, career development sessions led by experienced sports professionals, and industry networking opportunities — all available online for any aspiring front office executive or baseball fan to attend from the comfort of home. Students will have opportunities for skill acquisition and development, including sessions on how to work with baseball-related data sets as well as databasing and SQL.
In the annual Diamond Dollars Virtual Case Competition, undergraduate, graduate and professional school students from colleges and universities across the country compete against each other by preparing an analysis and presentation of a baseball operations decision — the type of decision a team’s GM and their staff is faced with over the course of a season.
- Registration: Click here to register for the 2022 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference. Early-bird registration is $75 for SABR members, $100 for non-members, and $50 for currently enrolled high school or college students (includes one-year SABR membership).
- Student Registration: Students should email Scott Carter with a photo of their student ID to receive a special link to register at a discounted rate.
- Diamond Dollars Case Competition: Learn more or apply now to participate in the 2022 Diamond Dollars Case Competition.
- Yoseloff Scholarship: Students, apply now for a Yoseloff Scholarship to attend the 2022 SABR Virtual Analytics Conference. Deadline: December 31, 2021.
- Research Awards: We’re seeking nominations for the 2022 SABR Analytics Conference Research Awards. Deadline: December 31, 2021.
SABR has a long and storied history with baseball statistical analysis, evidenced by the link between our name and sabermetrics. SABR’s long history in this area of baseball research, coupled with our mission of advancing the understanding and knowledge of baseball, makes us the perfect choice to coordinate and host this ground-breaking event.
Stay tuned for more information on speakers, panelists, and presenters soon!
Please note: All speakers are subject to change depending on availability.